03 September 2011

Holy cow, it's been a long time

I'm sorry blog, I sort of forgot about you.  It's just that, you know, I've been busy.  


So much has happened since my last post, I don't really know where to start.


Let's go with this:


I've become even more thankful for the amazing friends I'm lucky enough to have made in Boston and DC (and K-town).  I got to see a few of them in during their travels - Gordacio and ST in Singapore; Cookie and TeethMoney in BKK; LC and Sleepy in PP, Laos and BKK - and many more during mine.  


I took my R&R just over six months into my tour (crazy) and spent some time at home with my family, up in Boston with some friends, and most notably, in Minnesota celebrating the lovefest of two meathead friends.  The jetlag was brutal, but the time with friends and family (and the frequent flier miles) made it worth it.  I was  reminded how unusually lucky I am to have met and befriended such a fun, motivated, silly - and of course ridiculously good-looking - group of people.  I know I made the right decision with my job, but seeing all of them made coming back to PP more difficult that I predicted.  


This became particularly obvious when I "celebrated" my birthday without them.  It's in quotes because it was kind of a disaster, but that's neither here nor there.  To be positive, it was inspiring.


Since then, I've been trying to branch out of my PP routine.  I think I've been doing a good job on trying out new restaurants and bars, more successfully since I've changed my attitude towards the people with which I choose to surround myself.  If they're holding me back, they've got to get left behind.  


This, unfortunately, is limiting.  In every other stage of my life, I've found refuge within the dance community.  Friendships are easily made, and the people tend to be adventurous goofballs - aka: my type of people.  PP just doesn't have that....yet.  I've heard rumors of a hip hop dance studio opening imminently, but I think I'll have to believe it when I see it.  I really hope I see it.  


The holidays this year are once again going to bring drama in my personal life.  I'm glad my family will be around; I think I'll need them.  For long-term sanity, however, I need dance.  Let's hope the Frenchman opening this studio pulls through.  right. now.


I'm a glutton for punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment