31 January 2010

The results are in...

In October, I'll be going to Phnom Penh, Cambodia!
 
 
Don't feel bad if you can't remember where Cambodia is - that's what the map is for

Until I leave, I'll be doing some job-specific training and getting paid to learn a language that doesn't match my ethnicity (Khmer)...which I'm pretty excited for.

In case my excitement doesn't translate in writing, I've compiled a list entitled Reasons why this posting is amazing.

Here it is:


Reasons why this posting is amazing
  1. Phnom Penh has a huge, young, socially active expat community 
  2. The city offers everything you could possibly want...mostly costing $1
  3. My house/apartment will be big enough to host all of my friends on their South-East Asian travels
  4. Cambodian food
  5. I get to spend the summer in DC living in my free housing...which includes a pool
  6. I'll finally get to drive a scooter
  7. Unless by choice, I won't see another winter until 2012
  8. Travel to see colleagues in other SE Asian countries will be cheap & easy
  9. I'll be going to post with a friend from A-100
  10. I don't think I'll ever get tired of surprising people with my amazing Khmer which I will obviously have
I have more, but the list looks better as a set of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment