In October, I'll be going to Phnom Penh, Cambodia!
Don't feel bad if you can't remember where Cambodia is - that's what the map is for
Until I leave, I'll be doing some job-specific training and getting paid to learn a language that doesn't match my ethnicity (Khmer)...which I'm pretty excited for.
In case my excitement doesn't translate in writing, I've compiled a list entitled Reasons why this posting is amazing.
Here it is:
Reasons why this posting is amazing
- Phnom Penh has a huge, young, socially active expat community
- The city offers everything you could possibly want...mostly costing $1
- My house/apartment will be big enough to host all of my friends on their South-East Asian travels
- Cambodian food
- I get to spend the summer in DC living in my free housing...which includes a pool
- I'll finally get to drive a scooter
- Unless by choice, I won't see another winter until 2012
- Travel to see colleagues in other SE Asian countries will be cheap & easy
- I'll be going to post with a friend from A-100
- I don't think I'll ever get tired of surprising people with my amazing Khmer which I will obviously have