09 January 2010

New Year, New Life

It's Friday night and I'm staying in...this might be a first. It's also the end of my first week in the Foreign Service, meaning that I'm 20% through the basic training and less than a month away from knowing where and when I'll be going next.  Thanks to that realization, moving into a big apartment all by myself, getting my bid list, finally getting to a dance class, and a visit from my parents, I've been on a bit of an emotional roller coaster.  In the past seven days, I've been nervous, excited, completely overwhelmed, relieved, desperately lonely and surrounded by friends and family - sometimes all at the same time. I think I deserve a night in with some trashy TV.

Hopefully I'll have the energy for an actual update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment